Sunday, September 19, 2010

Copy Cats: UPDATED




I been getting several emails/etsy convos regarding shops that have popped up that are selling robots similar to mine. I have received the most messages about this shop: TNZsculptures. Yes there are clearly a lot of similarities between their bots and mine. Thank all of you who wrote me giving me the heads up. My figures are copy written as well as trademarked so I'm not too worried. They do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Theres:



Mine:


Theres
:

Mine:

Theres:

Mine:

Theres:

Mine:

Theres:


Mine:

Theres:


Mine:


*UPDATE: Someone today after reading this post sent me to this shop: SweetMelodys Her bots as far as the shape of the head and the big black eyes do bare a little resemblance to mine, but not by much!






This post was NOT meant to make my readers go on a witch hunt to find other Etsy sellers ripping off my robots. It was meant to show that no one should be ripping off or copying anyone elses ideas or work. If you are a true artist you can come up with your own unique idea. And if you do feel the need to copy something someone else created DON'T SELL IT ON ETSY OR ARTFIRE. IN FACT DON'T SELL IT ONLINE! As you can see it's not like the original artist isn't going to see it.

1 comment:

  1. As a professional I'm sure you want to make the best possible impression on your readers, customers, admirers, fellow artists, etc. You do so wonderfully through your work :) But another thing that makes a big difference in how people perceive you is language, especially on the internet. Grammar, spelling, etc. make an immediate impact. I'm sorry if I'm being a jerk but I just feel like this is such an easy fix, I should share it with you.
    In this post, you typed "Theres" and "Mine." The word "there" refers to a place. You can remember it because it has "here" in it: "here and there" are places. The word "they're" is short for "they are." It's the same as "they are" but with an apostrophe instead of an a. And finally, the word "their" is possessive, meaning that it refers to something someone owns (like "his," "hers," "ours," "mine," etc). So what you really meant in this post is "Theirs" and "Mine."
    Again, I'm really sorry if it's douche-y of me to point this out. I just really believe in the power of language and I don't see any reason not to learn it when it's so simple :)

    ReplyDelete