Monday, January 18, 2010

Amazing Young Graffiti Artist

I wanted to introduce you to Kim-lan a 22 year old graffiti artist from France. I first saw Kim-lan's work when my friend Vanessa and I launched our small clothing line "Sugared With Spite" in 2007. At that time Kim-lan was still spray painting pictures of Tom and Bill Kaulitz of Tokio Hotel on walls around her city (She is a big fan of Tom and sometimes emulates his dress). Celebrities are a huge influence on her art. She has painted Tokio Hotel, Rihanna ,Aaliyah and Tila Tequila to name a few. In a few short years she has expanded into so much more. She has started her own clothing line "Kim-Lan 78", custom shoes, posters, paintings and much more. She has been featured in magazines in France and shows no signs of slowing down. It makes me happy to see a young level headed artist that is more concerned about her art than her rep. I wish her luck in all of her future endeavors and hope to collaborate with her soon on a logo. Please scroll through the photos of her work below and don't forget to check out her spreadshirt shop Kimlan78.spreadshirt.com























No comments:

Post a Comment